Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Customers #1

So I'm working at Laureleaf and Steeles last night and a woman comes in asking for a movie to watch. I says "What kind of movie are you looking for?". She says "A good one.". Really? In over fifteen years working in the video rental business it has been very rare that someone comes to the store actually looking for a bad movie! Anyway, I ask her if she's seen the Academy Award nominated films we have; The Hurt Locker, Inglourious Basterds, District 9, Julie and Julia. She asks "Are they good?". No, of course not. Me and the Academy know nothing about good movie making!! It was pretty dead in the store (thanks to the Olympics) so I start walking her around the wall pointing out movies I liked with her turning down each one. She says she wants something that'll make her laugh finally. I suggest In The Loop, one of the funniest movies I've EVER seen. "No. I'm not into satire". We keep walking around and she stops at Couple's Retreat. She says "Is this funny?". Without a beat I says "NO! Very disappointing as I'm a fan of Vince Vaughn, but I didn't even snicker once.". Which movie does she rent??? Couple's Freakin' Retreat. WHY???? Why even ask and then totally ignore my recommendations and then rent something I say is no good??? I understand people have different tastes in movies, but don't ask my opinion if you just don't give a shit!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to watch In the Loop today - based on your recommendation. Don't let me down Rob...:)

    ReplyDelete